Thursday, December 5, 2013

Method of stitching back piece of Bharathanatyam costume



Draft of back piece


MeasurementsLength of the back piece= length from waist to hip +2½” 
1. Back piece should cover the hip
2. Waist
3. Hip round

Drafting

Back piece

P-Q= length of the back piece +2½”
P-T = ½ hip round + ½”
T-U = 1” for overlap
R is the midpoint of P-T
P-S = P-Q
Join P-S-U by a curved line as shown in the figure.

Small fan

Length ¾ of the curve  U-S or to taste.
Width  34”


Step 1

Step 2


Step 3


Step 4


Step 5


Step 6


Finished back piece
Method of sewing Davani will be continued.............
Photobucket

8 comments:

Unknown said...

HI VANI MAM,

I M THE FIRST TIME VISITOR OF UR BLOG BUT CERTAINLY WILL NOT BE THE LAST TIME ONE. ALL THAT I CAN SAY ABOUT U IS THANKS FOR THE KINDNESS AND GENEROSITY TO TAKE SO MUCH TROUBLE AND SHARE UR SKILS AND KNOWLEDGE FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SEWING TIPS FOR A WHILE ON THE NET AND TODAY I FOUND ONE.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS....

GOD BLESS

NISHA.

Unknown said...

namaste vani garu, i would like to replace my old manual sewing machine with an automatic one please let me know ur suggesion.

vani said...

I sm using Usha janome. It is very good.

Unknown said...

hai mam thanks for ur suggession. i'd like to buy usha janome allure.

Go2Coorg said...

Hello Vani mam,

Can you please tell if we have to use buckram in the fans? If yes will it be for the whole of the fan or only at the border?

vani said...

Buckram is not used. pleats are piled one above the other and ironed well.After using the dress once again
you arrange them and secure them with a few stitches and keep until you use it again.

Unknown said...

Hai Vani madam, I am following your blog for a long time, it is very useful. Recently I stitched a saree blouse following your blog. It has come very well. Only some wrinkles were coming in the sleeve that I corrected it. The fitting of the blouse is perfect.Before this I did smocking for the cushion covers . That has also came very well. I will try to send the photos of that. Thanks a lot madam.
Bharati, Bangalore

Manasa said...

Namaste, mam
Drafting of Bharatanatyam costume is really fantastic. It helped me a lot. Thank you